You are able to block or redirect a web site settings that are using your firewall or router. But are you aware that it is possible to block or redirect internet sites making use of Active Directory Domain solutions (DNS) aswell? Just make use of these actions.
This tutorial assumes you’ve got Administrator liberties in your Active Environment that is directory usage of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Choose “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then hit “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Choose “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the “DNS” snap in, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” from the remaining pane. You ought to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Choose “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and go into the domain title or internet protocol address for the DNS host you wish to connect with. Choose “OK” when you’re done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and right-click “Forward Lookup Zones” and select “New Zone“.
- This new Zone Wizard seems. Choose “Next”.
- Choose “Primary Zone“, then select “Next“.
- Select “To all DNS servers operating on domain controllers in this domain“, select“Next“ then.
- The URL for the website you wish to block (i.e for the “Zone name“, type. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“.
- Select “Do not allow powerful updates“, then select “Next” > “Finish“. At this point you have set a Forward Lookup Zone which will “take over” any requests to that particular domain on your own community. […]